Windows 10 and Azure Active Directory
Many of our customers have been asking us the question “As an Azure Active Directory customer, are there any special perks I receive by switching to Windows 10?” The answer to this question is “absolutely”. In fact, Microsoft has focused much of their efforts with this new operating system on building an experience that incorporates all of their cloud-based solutions into the OS itself. As a result, Office 365 and Azure AD customers find themselves at the receiving end of numerous advantages to assist in increased productivity and ease-of-use.
Here are a few of the advantages taken from TechNet that you have to look forward to when updating your operating system to Windows 10.
- Self-provisioning of corporate owned devices. With Windows 10, employees can configure a brand new device in the out-of-box experience, without IT involvement.
- Use existing organizational accounts. Employees can use their Azure AD account to login to Windows (the same account they use to sign into Office365).
- Automatic MDM enrollment. Windows 10 PC’s and tablets can be automatically enrolled in an organizations device management solution as part of joining them to Azure AD. This will work with Microsoft Intune and with 3rd party MDMs.
- Single Sign-On to company resources in the cloud. Users will get single sign-on from the Windows desktop to apps and resources in the cloud, such as Office 365 and thousands of business applications that rely on Azure AD for authentication.
- Single Sign-on on-premises: Windows 10 PC’s and tablets that are joined to Azure AD will also provide SSO to on-premises resources when connect to the corporate network and from anywhere with the Azure AD Application Proxy.
- Enterprise-ready Windows store. The Windows Store will support app acquisition and licensing with Azure AD accounts. Organizations will be able to volume-license apps and make them available to the users in their organization.
- Support for modern form factors. Azure AD Join will work on devices that don’t have the traditional domain join capabilities.
- OS State Roaming. Things like OS settings, Desktop wall paper, Tile configuration, websites and Wi-Fi passwords will be synchronized across corporate owned Azure AD joined devices.
Of course, there are many other perks that Office 365 and Azure AD users will receive when upgrading to the Windows 10 OS. We’ve collected and condensed much of the information regarding these perks and posted them here so you can stay informed.
Microsoft is always pushing the bar higher and higher with new updates. Stay informed of these updates by joining our Weekly Digest email to stay ahead of the curve and your competition.
Contact us about Windows 10 and Azure Active Directory. We can help you with learning, training, or if you just want to be updated on the latest Microsoft feature releases.